SAERA'S NETWORKING


Being an only child makes my daughter a little bit or shall I say a whole lot BOSSY. And she just refuses to share. And she just grabs whatever she wants. And cries when she don't get them. Tried showing her the ropes, scolding her even and let her cry herself out just so she'd learn her lesson. But to no avail. I think intervention of peers her age is necessary at this stage.

Me being me, I started asking Juwita, a fellow Malaysian (cos she married a local thus hv an upperhand on what's where) if there exist an Expat society somewhere that would get together for playdates. Voila!

That's how I came about to meet the first host, Mdm Mehroon. Lovely, lovely lady. Very hospitable. I'd vouch for her amiability any day even just after one meeting.
And ofcourse there were other moms. There's Anna, Shaheen, Katerine, Uzma and a few others I've yet to familiarize myself with their names (my apologies ladies. I am a little deficient with names.) All delightful ladies. Made me feel so welcome.

There was artwork for the older children, area where babies can roll around in boxes of toys, ball game for the boys and ofcourse hi-tea for the mommies. Surprisingly, despite being her first time, Saera was well behaved. She even gave me some time to mingle and not make a fuss. And I bet she had lotsa fun cos the minute she got in the car she fall flat into deep slumber (hmm.. gotta take her more to these)

Well, thank you all. Thanks for the hospitality and the warmth and the fun. I'm certainly looking forward to the next session and I know Saera is too.
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    I like the design of your blog very much. It looks like a page from fairy tale. I’m really impressed!

    UK Education Consultants


Post a Comment