A NITE IN SHERATON

From day one when we rented our premise, it was already infested with termites. My landlord being his 'extremely efficient' self (sense the sarcasm here) took 6 months to arrange the treatment and only after I've fully unpacked all my boxes.

If having to remove all my belongings from the closet and emptying my whole kitchen is not bad enough, I even had to vacate the house for 17hrs minimum to accommodate the fumigation exercise. Being a foreigner, ofcourse it is implied that I have no relatives
living nearby who could take us in, so we had to turn to the hotels.

Since hubby's office is located at the Sheraton Annex building, we decided to stay in Sheraton for the nite. So along we go lugging our little precious who carried 2 suitcases filled with sterilizer, warmer, and other baby supplies everywhere she goes for sleepovers (which is why i don't travel much these days - imagine the hassle).

Much to my relief, seeing that Sheraton recently
refurbished their room, our stay was very much pleasant (which I can't say for all the hotels I've stayed in). The complimentary fruit platter upon entering our room was very welcoming and their personnel were proficient enough to ensure a smooth and swift check in. But what I like most about the room we stayed in was the bedding. LOVED the feather pillow, LOVED the sheets, LOVED the duvet, LOVED the good nite rest that I got. The flatscreen hanging on the wall also helped a lot :P And hubby agrees.

I'd say
shud we need to vacate our house temporarily again, I won't hesitate to return to Sheraton.
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    It appears you just launched your blog and it looks great! Did you design it yourself?

    In response to this post, isn't amazing how differently we (American's) have our expectations set. I find an overarching theme for all the places that I've visited outside the US - other people take their time to get things done. After all, what's the rush?

    At least your stay was comfortable :-)


  2. ainnie ahmad Says:

    Oh hi thanks. Sorry for the very late response.. largely due to the fact that my laptop was fried from one of Karachi's infamous power surges.. :( I'll be blogging again after this though... actually i got this template from http://www.falconhive.com/ They hv quite a collection.

    Well, lemme know if u're headed this way.. perhaps i can take u out for dinner :)


Post a Comment