HUMMUS ANYONE?

I was first introduced to Hummus by a very dear friend when she invited me over for dinner at a lebanese restaurant back home. No! No! Hummus is not a hunk.. :P Hummus is a very popular Middle Eastern dip that is used as an appetizer and served with pita bread. It is made of chickpea and tahini (a paste from sesame seeds). Managed to google some recipes but hv yet to try them. Once tried will certainly post it here.


The Hummus @ Bar-B-Q Tonite


In Karachi so far I've found 3 outlets that serve this lovely dip of mine. And of the 3, I love the ones at BBQ Tonite MOST! And I enjoy having hummus amidst the open air on the roof top of the premise. As the name would suggest, their specialty is basically flame grilled food. Hubby seems to like their jumbo prawn a lot but since I'm very much a meat person, I hv a liking for their afghan tikka. However, for a group of 6-8, I'd highly recommend their Special Platter.

Locating the restaurant will not be an issue simply because it is this multi-storeyed building somewhere near the sea-shore. And no reservation is necessary (though encouraged if u want the roof top) since they can accommodate easily 800 - 1000 pax at a time. Here's a link to their site should you decide to hv an in depth peek of the food they serve, the price range, views of the restaurant etc etc.
Do I frequent here? Well, like I said, I'm a huge big fan of Hummus.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment